Wednesday, October 26, 2011

NOW PLAYING

SHADOW RING The Lighthouse 2LP (SWILL RADIO)
MEG BAIRD Seasons on Earth LP (DRAG CITY)
GROUPER A I A : Alien Observer LP (YELLOW ELECTRIC)
SANTANA Caravanserai LP (COLUMBIA) (big soft spot for this heavy mostly instrumental jammer from '72)
WET HAIR/RENE HELL Flowers Of Light b/w 55 RN gaz split 7" (BATHETIC) (great Rene Hell track!)

CHOSEN BROTHERS/BULLWACKIE'S ALL-STARS/RHYTHM & SOUND Mango Walk b/w Mango Drive split 12" (RHYTHM & SOUND/WACKIE'S)
KEN CAMDEN Lethargy & Repercussion LP (KRANKY)
MERCHANDISE Strange Songs (In The Dark) LP (KATORGA WORKS/DRUGGED CONSCIENCE)
HIVE MIND Elemental Disgrace LP (SPECTRUM SPOOLS) as streamed at East Village Radio (welcome back Hive Mind, this sounds great)


BONUS VIDS

GROUPER live in Praha:



GROUPER "Alien Observer" (intense official video):

2 comments:

DJ Rick said...

I had a dream where I recited the entirety of The Lighthouse from memory, and I was able to maintain the accent mostly, but descended into a giggle-fit a couple of times. I got a standing ovation from my couple of friends who were familiar with the record, but the rest of the crowd just left early or gave blank stares. Maybe this really does need to happen in real life. Anyone is free to beat me to it. Just be sure to invite me 'cos I wanna see it.

Larry said...

What an awesome dream. They descend into giggle fits a couple times too! This really could and should happen in real life. Be sure to invite me too!

Blog Archive